The Isaiah House Kitchen Associate is a vital part in providing good nutrition and encouraging positive morale.
- Prefer a minimum of high school diploma, GED or be trained through IH intern program.
- Knowledge & Skills: Must be about to perform the job duties listed below
- No minimum experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Reports to: Kitchen Manager/House Manager/Operations Director.
Job Purpose: To provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages plus related catering duties.
- To prepare the dining area which may include moving and setting up furniture, setting trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment in the dining center for the efficient and effective service of the meal.
- To assist in the preparation of cooking and serving of food and beverages.
- To serve food appropriately, under the direction of the Kitchen Manager.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the dining center.
- To clean, on a daily basis, all catering areas to the required standard.
- To work at all times in accordance with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- To undergo training, both on and off the job, as required.
- To inform the Kitchen Manager of any defects in equipment or of premises not meeting Health & Safety and/or Food Hygiene Regulations standards.
- To undertake such other related duties as are required to ensure the dining area and the kitchen are in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is efficient and effective.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering establishment; this may include cash collection and banking.
Job Type: Full-time
Learn more about who we are and what Isaiah House is all about. Join the Isaiah House team as a Kitchen Associate today!