- Prefer a minimum of high school diploma, GED or be trained through IH intern program.
- Knowledge & Skills: Must be able to perform the job duties listed below
- No minimum experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Reports to: Operations Director.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of the property and performs related duties as assigned.
Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
Job Type: Full-time